The first of the series I want to introduce is Bones and started to run 2005. This fall the 8 season began, you can already there grasp how popular it has become. I first got in contact whit it through Swedish television maybe five six years ago at least but at that time it wasn't as easy to get a hold of it and they took there time to run it. Sometime I missed an episode or two as well... Later on I started to watch it all from the beginning and right now I am in the middle of buying the series on DVD. My fiancé and I have started to watch it from the beginning again and I am really happy that he likes one of my favourite shows as well.
So what is so good about it then? Well maybe some of you already know about it so I write this for you who haven't watched it yet. The name Bones refers to the woman who is in the centre of the show. Her name is Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and works as a forensic anthropologist in the Jeffersonian institute, her speciality is bones and therefore she as got the nickname Bones. She starts to work together with an FBI-agent named Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) on a murder case and later on they became a permanent team. Over all it looks like just any other crime-series out there but for me it is special. You get in contact wit many different personalities during there investigations. Brennan only believe in scientific evidence and finds it hard to sometime understand the more human and psychology bits in there cases. Booth on the other hand often acts on his gut-feeling and leave the science to Brennan and her "squintsquad" (the other people that works in the Jeffersonian). So you see, the show keeps a lot of different aspects and these differences also leads to a lot of personal problems in between the characters. The growing sexual tension between Brennan and Booth doesn't make it any worse either.
every case is different in some way and sometimes the work also get intervene with the characters personal life. I don't want to give any example because I am afraid to give you some spoilers but I can promise that it is interesting. A thing I have found some humour in is the naming of the episodes. Almost every episode gives a hint about the contents by answer the question what and were. For example The Man in the SUV and The Soldier on the Grave. These gives you an hint that makes it interesting but you don't really understand before you watched the episode. Somewhat this reminds me of the Morse code in the beginning of every episode of the series Jericho (another show that I find interesting).
![]() |
| David Boreanaz as Angel |
And there you have it, I don't really know what more to write about Bones. I hope you will watch the show if you haven't already ^__^

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar