fredag 14 december 2012

Lucia and some other things


Yesterday was December 13th, Lucia, and as the good swede that I am I baked. Saffransbullar or lussekatter or saffron buns if you like, it has a lot of different names but the main point is the saffron. The buns turned out really great, I dont thikn I ever made them that good before! 

Unfortunately i didn't have the chance to see any Lucia-event yesterday but last Sunday I watched the coronation of Katrineholms Lucia (the official lucia in my hometown Katrineholm). So with this in mind I wanted to share two pictures with you. 

Lucia in katrineholm (sorry for bad pic)






Lussekatter in different shapes
I really like the Lucia-tradition, we all need a little light in our darkness thes time of year. 

Beside Lucia the countdown for Christmas is really going along. Unfortunately I haven had that much time to bake and cook but the Christmas tree is up (something that Quinn is really happy about) and the gifts is also almost finished. I have also bought the last ingredients for gingerbread today so maybe I will be making the dough tonight and bake it this weekend. 

On a side note I am really looking forward to tonight, we are going to watch the Hobbit, a movie I have been really locking forward to! so hopefully I will post about it tomorrow.

Edit: A  frined of mine sent this on facebook, I thought it worked in this post. 
 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar