måndag 21 januari 2013

Boyfriend - I YAH!

I realized that I haven't done a real post about Boyfriend, at least not since I started to write in English. Maybe it is time? I think so, especially when the opportunity arises with there new music video for I Yah

I took me almost a week after its release before I watched the video, mostly because I have had a lot of other things to do, but I liked it the first time watching it. 

Maybe I have to turn back time a little and explain myself to you. The first times I got in contact with Boyfriend I didn't really like them that much. I Thought that they were just any other boy band out there with a couple of nice boys. Sure I heard there music but it wasn't more than that for me. But now I have started to realise how many of there songs I really frequently listening to. They are one of those bands that just creeps into your play-list and then they starts to take over the whole thing!

Another thing that I suddenly realised is how good they really are, they have only been active for two years and they sing and dances great! and judging by there new music video they also tries to not only be those cute boys but really step it up a bit!  

So the video and music then. The song is really catchy, especially the chorus. I got the I Yah in my head for life now! The dance is also cool with kind of easy but nice moves that matches the song quite nicely. At least they look awesome doing it with little chest-rubbing and leg-flipping. And don't forget the out-calling with the hands. And the arm dance where they almost touches each other!! Gaah!! *overheating*... (Sorry, something is wrong with me today >___< )

The lyrics is also nice even if some of it maybe is not that easy to understand. When I read it I get the feeling that there is this love story and that somehow it is painful. My first thought was that the song is about growing up and be capable to catch love, or the interest of the girl at least. They both want the girl to do the work (if you can say it like that) by suddenly realise that the boy are there, but there is also talk about how the boy will get her attention himself. Catch her in his hands. The story is an easy one, how painful it may be, and it is the same old story of unreturned love. But the video grasp that concept with the cute girl in school and I have to be happy about that. 

School huh? I understand the thought behind this as well. The band members aren't that old yet, yes the leader is born 89' but three of them are still 17, and they haven't been working for so long. School is a natural place for these young bands videos because it is appreciated by all even if I had hoped to see something different.  At least the band is on its way away from this pretty-boy-image, just look at the leather and studs in the dance-sections of the video, but then it is back to the school uniform in the story. I think these two clashes a bit with each other. Don't you? Maybe I have to accept it as it is and just be happy about the bad boy-feeling you get at the end when the boys grows up and is helping the girl. Standing up for her when she is in trouble, driving her home on there motorcycle... Yeah, I can appreciate that.

And then we have the whole all-members-and-one-girl-thing that I don't really know if I should comment or not. They did succeed with the story so it matches the lyrics but I still think that they could all be in love with different girls and still make it this good. Maybe even better. Different girls could have given the boys all a different story and could have matched with there personality's a bit more! but hey, that is my opinion and they made it work. 

So finally, what did I think. It isn't my favourite song of the year but it is rather cool. I like the way it easy get stuck in your head and the way it will be easily remembered. So it is really good even if it isn't the best video ^__^

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar