torsdag 11 oktober 2012

AOA - Get Out

AOA (Ace Of Angels) is back with there second singel album named Wanna Be and they just released the title track MV Get Out:
Somehow this video is so divided that I dont know if I like it or not. The girls in AOA once again triumph with there cuteness and sparkles wit perfect wavy hair and make-up to perfection, a lot of pink and other pastels in both clothes and backgrounds. At the same time they sing about saying goodbye to a guy, telling him that he is nothing and the girl just spent time with him because he was pitiful. Were did the angel-theme go? Because I think that kind of confession would get them send right downstairs if you know what I mean. 


the again I like the "girl power" they have in the chorus with drums and that cute punk-rock style on some of the members. Its like they are screaming "just because we are girls we don't need a man to survive. we can be cute and strong at the same time" and some of the lyrics is maybe on the same track because here it more feels like the girls negativity towards the boy they sing to comes from sorrow, that they have to be mean towards him, telling him that he is a fool, as a way to get over being dumped by him. 

But still, there is the hapy-go-lucky smiles on everyone and the happy colours that still makes me confused. Because they can still be cute even if the don't smile from ear to ear. Some of the feelings is really lost in the song. And then we have the whole cosplay thing! WTF? sure, I like good cosplay and they do it good in the video, but what exactly is Lara Croft, Hermione form Harry Potter and The Bride from Kill Bill (and some more) doing there? Sure they are all strong women but... Yeah, I don't really get it.

I am also really tired of the short-hotpants-showing-the-leg-parts in like every girl band MV. We have already seen it, come up with something else! Sure they have nice legs, and sure there asses is also really great (I can give them that even if I don't swing that way), but they have to have some other good parts as well?

Another thing that I started thinking about was the play back, yes I know you aren't suppose to sing in the video itself, you have to use play back and add the music later. But hello! the girls can at least try to look as if they are singing. Sometimes I was just wondering if  they really think you can sing like that without opening the mouth. Yes, they want to look good but in my eyes this way is not the right way. I listen to music because I want the singing most, the looks comes later. If they in the video doesn't show that they even like to sing when they are suppose to do it then I loose my interest and it also makes them look like a stupid fish... 

So, now after my criticism what do I think as a whole? The song is still happy and a little strong (especially after studying the lyrics) and I think I want to add it to my music player on my phone. But I don't like the video, it is to much and to confusing, it really didn't have to be. It feels like the people behind this want to promote the girls to much, want to add a lot of different things to get it interesting, when the only thing they really needed to do was to let the girls cuteness and coolness be in focus. They look good and the song is quite good but they didn't really work with that so... To much! 
What do you think?







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar