måndag 22 oktober 2012

HyunA - Ice Cream

HyunA is back! She is maybe the most well known of the members of 4minute, at least for me, and she is really fun and sexy most of the time. The MV Ice Cream is one of the track of her new mini album Melting and maybe is the most talkative because PSY is a guest star in it?

But beside PSY's and HyunA's continuing collaboration I want to talk about the video itself. As you all can understand she is singing about ice cream! And not just that, the lyrics is about how she is changeable as ice cream, with a lot of different flavours and sides, and also that she is going to get someone to melt like ice cream. Easily put, she is going to be as hot and interesting that everybody is going to melt for here. 

the lyrics isn't really that sensational, a lot of girl band sing about stuff like this in a way of being sexy without saying the really sexy things out loud. I don't really know what I think about the lyrics, what can you be thinking? it is kind of main stream and the usual play with english words. It is not an important message, it is more shallow and I really don't like the way she sings for example about the diamond ring:

Ma diamond ring so bling bling
I’ll show you my sexy swag
One look at me and they all fall for me
You better surrender
  
It feels like she is a gold digger, she will show you here sexy side if you give here diamonds... Nothing I can relate to or like.   

The video then?  I hate the long intro, I almost always do. But I can understand why they wanted PSY in the video, he is really big right now and it is good PR to work together with someone like that. 

When the video begins I cant understand if they are serious or not. It feels like a parody with the colours, accessories and the truck and everything but then the dancing starts and suddenly it all become so serous again with the sexy message in the lyrics an all the pelvic movements. 

And then you see the furry steering wheel and the clown and once again you cant decide... Maybe it is both? a parody of being sexy or a girl being sexy while shooting a parody?... This is why I don't really like the video >___< 

And for being such a good dancer you don't really get to see how she is melting us with her dancing. The clean cut dance sections is mostly some hip hop steps and nothing more exciting than that. 
 
Though, there is one scene I do like in the video. Believe it or not but it is the most sexy shot, with HyunA bathing in bubbles. If you are going to sing about being sexy then you have to have these kinds of pictures, not just crazy accessories and heavy make up. The one where she is standing behind a mans body and caresses him is also really hot. 

Maybe it is time to wrap it up now? I don't have anything more to talk about I think... So I don't like the lyrics and not really the video either even if I do like sexiness... hmm... I don't know what that tell about me?...
 
  

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar