torsdag 4 oktober 2012

Inspiration to read and write

A blog I follow posted today a text about urban fantasy from a seminar the writers (the blog itself is a bookshops official blog) had held in Göteborg on the annual book fair and I found it rather interesting. Of course almost everything I alreday knew, I read a lot of urban fantasy, but some of it was new to me, especially the information about how the genre came to life already in the 1980's. It is also a good introductions for those who doesn't know as much about fantasy in gerneral as I do. 

Somehow the text got me to want to read again, it has been a while since I had the time to just sit around and read because I like it. Mostly all of my reading time right now goes to thick volumes of literature for my courses and after that I don't have the energy to read the things I want. 

It also got me thinking beacuse almost the same thing happened yesterday. I read the new issue of NEO and suddenley I wanted to watch anime again, I even found a couple of short anime series that looked interesting. Later on yesterday I watched Clash of the Titans with my finacé and his friend and suddenly I found myself googeling greek mythology on my phone and started to picture stories in my head based on the things I found 

Somehow I want to get creative again and do stuff that I like and that makes me happy, at the same time I finds myself lacking the energy to really do so. Maybe it is the season? I always get lonely and sad during the autumn so maybe this is a way to keep myself busy? 

I just looked out through the window and saw the sun shining and now I want to take my camera and take some autumn pictures. Maybe that is something I can do without ruining my more important assignments? At least I can try!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar