tisdag 16 oktober 2012

Bokura ga ita (zenpen)

Bokura Ga Ita (Zenpen) AKA: We Were There is a japanese movie that is build on an manga (and an anime) written by Yuki Obata. The story is about a girl named Takahashi Nanami during her high school days. She meets Yano, an really handsome and popular boy, and soon she starts to have feelings for him. But Yano has an broken past with an ex-girlfriend that died so even if he is interested in Nanami it is hard for him to let go.

The movie is a really bitter-sweet love story about the first love and a lot of what I was hoping for. I first come in contact with the story like five years ago when I started to watch the anime and I fell in love. It was such an awesome anime and a lot different from what I used to watch back in the day. It was mostley about there love and as I can recall you didn't focus on other things at all even if it still happens a lot of things beside that. The love story carried itself and didn't need action or adventure, not even to much drama. I cried and was so happy at the same time when I watched it that it had to leave a mark in me. Later on I started to read the manga but the chapter was really unregular distributed and I read that the story didn't finish until February this year (16 volumes). When I heard that there was a movie, building on the story, being made you understand that I had to check it out right away.

Click the picture to wiew it
The movie had a lot of the old feel in it even if everything developed to fast (so it is when you cut the runtime in ten) and they had a couple of really nice scenes that reminded you of the anime and the manga even if you can't get it as clean and soft as you can when you draw or animate it. The music also lifted a lot of the story and was a great compliment. The acting was also nice and I especially liked Yuriko Yoshitaka who played Nanami. She is so cute and really match the character.

So what do I really say? I love this story but the anime is a bit better, mostly because you have more time to develop. So I suggests that everyone interesting watch the anime first, but if that is not possible? then the movie is fully okey. I have also heard that this movie shall have an sequel but I can't find anything about it, if you know please comment!
 
(Watch the movie here)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar