Miss A released there last video a couple of days ago. I have watched it a few times today and I think I really like it. Miss A is a cool four member girl group that has been active since 2010. This video is the from the new album Independent Women Pt.III and I like these girls full of girl power, making a stand for them self.
To sing about not wanting to live of a boyfriends money, beeing independent, even if that means being poor, is something I feel is important and right. An these girls really make it in a nice way. One other really great thing about the video is that they have enlish
lyrics! It is so nice to fully comprehend what they are singing and
when.
The video feels kind of simple starting up with the four girls in the usual white-nothing-in-particilar-but-some-strange-wall-behind-room, a must for most k-pop videos. The talk and the easy beat get you involved and interested. The girl themselves moves with power and self confident ready to sing about being just that. They dance together at the time the song really starts and the dance itself doesn't feel really really rehearsed and perfected, even when it is synchronised, instead it is filled with a fun feeling that makes the message easier.
Later on you meet the girls separated in different "rooms" and I like these because they try to point out the girls individuality. Fei is in a bar of some kind, Suzy is in a beauty parlour and Jia in a closet/fashion room. Min's room is the only one I didn't understand. It feels high class with the throne-like chair but I can't decide what it really represent? Is she the queen?
Either way, later on the girl steps out of there "rooms" and join up together, a great symbol for being united if you ask me. They also dress up like men, maybe to show that they can be as successful and do the same work as they? Anyhow I like it, and they do feel kind of sexier in a suit than a lot of the men out there!
The band then: Even if I haven't been a big Miss A-fan (mostly because I haven't had the opportunity listen to them much)I do like some of there earlier hits and I probably will be a fan in the future if they continue like this. I like girl bands with like four or five members, more that that makes it confusing (*cough* Girls Generation*cough*), and it's even better when the girls have different styles and attribute because the members get there individuality but at the same time match each other.
The girls are all beautiful, I love Fei's hair in the video, and Suzy is always cute and hot at the same time. Min is really cool especially when she raps and Jia is really sexy and dances well. But the band have gotten some not to nice comments because they think the girl has changed there style and is trying to copy 2NE1, especially with Min's new hairstyle, she resembles Minzy from 2NE1. I myself doesn't think so. Sure the short hair can get you to think about here and yes 2NE1 is also a four member group, And the Girl Power makes they resemble each other as well, but there style is different. Miss A is a little bit more down to earth when it comes to clothes and crazy hair and the singing style is different as well. And what is the problem with being a little bit alike? It is hard not to be like someone else out there when there is so many bands. But they try to make there own things, and they are growing!
So my final words? Miss A is a cool band and together they make a not to advanced video with a fun touch, even when the lyrics is serious and I can really se myself listening to it for a long time. Go go girl power!
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar